Source: Enid News & Eagle
ENID, Okla. — A SandRidge Energy tank battery burned after it was struck by lightning just west of Enid early Tuesday.
Hillsdale Fire Department notified SandRidge at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday about the Ruth 1-30H, located on Purdue Avenue, just east of Boomer Road, catching on fire, SandRidge Director of Communications David Kimmel said.
The fire was monitored until daylight, to ensure the safety of all fire department crews. At approximately 7 a.m., the fire was extinguished, he said.
“The site has been temporarily out of service, so no personnel were on site at the time of the lightning strike, therefore no injuries occurred,” Kimmel said. Damage assessment and site cleanup are currently underway, he said.